- Issue Time
Suntech distinguishes high-quality non-woven fabrics to help human health
How to distinguish high-quality non-woven fabrics?
With the improvement of people's living standards, non-woven fabrics gradually penetrate into our daily lives. Medical and sanitary products such as masks, protective clothing, and wet wipes used during the epidemic are all made of non-woven fabrics. Hygienic absorbent products such as diapers and sanitary napkins are also inseparable from non-woven fabrics. Non-woven fabrics are also widely used in construction. , Electrical and electronic, agricultural and gardening, automobile transportation, clothing and footwear, filtration, food and beverage, textile and civil engineering, packaging and other fields.（Click to share to LinkedIn）
How to distinguish high-quality non-woven fabrics?
Due to the rapid growth of the non-woven product market, many fake non-woven products or products with severely different quality have appeared on the market, which has caused serious infringements on the rights and interests of consumers. Therefore, these problems must be dealt with in the procurement process. The problems are carefully identified to prevent serious operational problems. There are many types of non-woven fabrics, how should we distinguish them? Suntech teaches you a few points below.
1. Appearance index: randomly select 2 meters of samples for testing, unfold them in a light place, and visually inspect the cloth surface for unqualified defects such as broken wires, lumps, etc.
2. Physical indicators: observe whether the cloth surface is shiny. Whether there are fibers floating on the surface, if there is no luster or a lot of floating silk, it is probably produced from recycled materials.
3. Light transmission performance: pay attention to whether the light transmission performance of the cloth surface is consistent (this is an important and simple method to judge the uniformity of the cloth surface). Then spread it on a flat ground, the product with good uniformity, there should be no undulations on the cloth surface.（Click to share to Facebook）
4. Burning: tear off a piece of cloth, burn completely with fire, observe the burning residue, good product, the residue is small and flat, and the residue is produced from inferior materials, and the residue has a lot of tiny particles of dust.
5. Exposure method: If time permits, you can take one square meter and expose it to the sun. The non-woven fabric of poor quality cannot withstand the ultraviolet rays of the sun. There will be obvious changes after 7 days. You can tear it by hand. It tears easily like paper.
6. Hand-feeling and visual inspection method: This method is suitable for non-woven fabric raw materials in loose fiber state.
(1) Cotton fiber is shorter and thinner than ramie fiber and other hemp fiber and wool fiber, and it is often accompanied by various impurities and defects.
(2) Hemp fiber feels rough and hard.
(3) The wool fiber is curly and elastic.
(4) Silk is long and slender, with special luster.
(5) Among chemical fibers, only viscose fiber has a big difference in dry and wet state.
(6) Spandex yarn has very large elasticity, and its length can be stretched to more than five times at room temperature.（try suntech Non-woven fabric）
7. Microscope observation method: It is to identify the non-woven fiber according to the longitudinal and cross-sectional morphological characteristics of the fiber.
(1) Cotton fiber: cross-sectional shape: round waist with middle waist; longitudinal shape: flat ribbon shape with natural twist.
(2) Hemp (ramie, flax, jute) fiber: cross-sectional shape: waist round or polygonal, with a middle cavity; longitudinal shape: horizontal nodes, vertical lines.
(3) Wool fiber: cross-sectional shape: round or approximately round, some with pith; longitudinal shape: scales on the surface.
(4) Rabbit hair fiber: cross-sectional shape: dumbbell-shaped, with hair pith; longitudinal shape: scales on the surface.
(5) Mulberry silk fiber: cross-sectional shape: irregular triangle; longitudinal shape: smooth and straight, with stripes in the longitudinal direction.
(6) Ordinary viscose fiber: cross-sectional shape: zigzag, skin-core structure; longitudinal shape: longitudinal grooves.
(7) Rich and strong fiber: cross-sectional shape: less tooth shape, or round or elliptical; longitudinal shape: smooth surface.
(8) Acetate fiber: cross-sectional shape: trilobal or irregular zigzag shape; longitudinal shape: longitudinal stripes on the surface.
(9) Acrylic fiber: cross-sectional shape: round, dumbbell or leaf shape; longitudinal shape: smooth or striped surface.
(10) Chlorine fiber: cross-sectional shape: close to circular; longitudinal shape: smooth surface.
(11) Spandex fiber: cross-sectional shape: irregular shape, round, potato-shaped; longitudinal shape: dark and deep surface, showing unclear bone-shaped stripes.
(12) Polyester, nylon, and polypropylene fibers: cross-sectional shape: round or special shape; longitudinal shape: smooth.
(13) Vinylon fiber: cross-sectional shape: round waist, skin-core structure; longitudinal shape: 1 to 2 grooves.
With 50 years of technical precipitation and design experience, suntech has developed and produced intelligent non-woven fabric machines, including spunmelt non-woven fabrics, meltblown and spunbonded non-woven fabrics, spunlace non-woven fabrics, etc., greatly improving non-woven fabrics. Fabric production efficiency and production quality help non-woven fabric production and human health.
（Suntech ST-ASS spunbond nonwoven machine）
（Suntech ST-SMS composite nonwoven production line）